Take a look at our FAQ’s
Children & Non Paying Guests in your group?
Babies/Children under 12 and Non Paying guests are not permitted to bowl or be on or around the bowling greens or surrounds at any time, they can watch your group from other indoor/outdoor areas of the club.
What if I don’t know how to bowl?
Our friendly Rock ‘n Bowl staff are here to show you how to bowl so there is no need to worry if you haven’t played bowls before. We will even give you some tips and tricks that will have you bowling like a pro in no time.
Does the Rock ‘n Bowl fee include food and/or beverages?
No, the Rock ‘n Bowl fee does not include food or beverages – these costs are in addition to your bowls fee.
Is there any food available?
Manly Bowling Club has a great selection of food that’s perfect for snacking by the Bowling Green.
We highly recommend pre ordering to avoid missing out on the day.
Can I bring my own food/drinks into the club?
NO BYO food or beverage is permitted to be brought into the venue at anytime.
What should I wear?
As the venue is a Bowling Club – standard dress regulations do apply along with the following restrictions:
SHOES – Must be worn inside the club house at all times (you can remove your shoes and go barefoot when you are on the bowling green).
HATS – Not permitted inside the venue at anytime (hats are encouraged to be worn outside on the bowling green and surrounds).
SINGLETS – For guys, no singlets/sleeveless shirts are permitted to be worn anywhere in the venue.
Do I bowl with or without shoes?
You can bowl barefoot or wear your own shoes however they must be completely flat soled (that means no heels, wedges or running shoes with ridges underneath).
Can I book a Hen’s/Buck’s/Birthday Party there?
Absolutely! Rock ‘n Bowl is an excellent activity for a Buck’s, Hen’s or Birthday celebration.
What’s included in the Rock ‘n Bowl fee?
- All bowls equipment is included.
- For groups of 15 pax or less – Instructions on how to bowl are given by a Games Officer then you get to enjoy bowls at your leisure until completion of your session.
- For groups of 16 pax or more a Round Robin tournament is run by your own dedicated Games Officer (only available for bookings with 16 pax or more that have been made online at least 7 days in advance).
- Sessions last for 1 hour and 45 minutes (from starting time as per your booking – arrive at least 15 minutes early/don’t be late!)
- We take care of everything – you get to relax and have fun!
What’s the address?
Rock ‘n Bowl @ Manly Bowling Club, 59 Raglan Street, Manly.
How do I get there?
Our location is second to none as we are ideally located in the heart of Manly.
Walk: 5 minute walk from/to Manly’s vibrant CBD, Manly’s famous Beach and Manly Wharf.
Ferry: 5 minute walk to Manly Wharf. Manly Wharf has regular Sydney Harbour Ferries operating from/to Circular Quay, Darling Harbour and Barangaroo.
Buses: 3 Minute walk to State Transit bus stops with buses operating routes throughout the Northern Beaches and to St Leonard’s Train Station.
Is there any parking available?
There is a small Council car park adjoining the venue (5 hour parking limit). Please note that the carpark fills quickly and we cannot guarantee availability of parking spaces.
There is limited on street parking on the surrounding streets (2 hour parking limit).
What if it rains?
As Rock ‘n Bowl is an outdoor activity some events can be affected by wet weather. With regard to rain the rules are as follows:
- If sprinkling or lightly raining, in most instances the booking will still proceed (we provide ponchos free of charge).
- It should be noted that any decision to cancel a booking WILL be made by Rock ‘n Bowl (NOT THE CLIENT).
- Note that if the bowls component of the day is cancelled due to rain, all pre-ordered food must still be consumed at Manly Bowling Club on the event day/at the confirmed time.